Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Suburban Robots that Monitor Reality


I didn't just start this blog to rant about politics, and things that irritate me. I also started it to share portions of my vast eclectic music library with those who would appreciate it.

If you know me at all... you know my favorite band of all time is DEVO!

Q:Why is Devo my favorite band of all time? 
A: There is no artist or band that I've heard that is more original, creative, and all around AMAZING. They invented the concept of controlling video with their synthesizers... before Dave Smith invented the MIDI language. They were the first create it's own philosophic theory (De-evolution), name their band after it, only to prove it fact election after election. They're one of the few bands that can still make kick ass music and tour after 36 years of being a band. 

Weirdos, geeks, nerds, dorks, outcasts, rebels, and/or anyone who's definition of cool is uniquely theirs, or is simply through being cool, Devo is your voice. 

Here is Devo's latest song: Watch Us Work It
Here is My Favorite Devo Song:  Going Under

If you want more Devo... buy more! I did!
If you want to learn more about Devo, their bible is in DVD form... and if you're hardcore into Devo watch the commentary... I have about 30 times.

No comments: